Friday, July 20, 2012

Love is in the air!




     As of today, my husband and I have been married for 7 years. SEVEN years! I know everyone thinks it, but I’m seriously going on a quest to find out where the time goes. It’s been a whirlwind, for sure. A deployment, four moves, two kids, four promotions for him, my never-ending college career (I’m without a doubt, a professional student), and the list goes on. Now here we are, in the middle of the U.S., winding down our first year in our first home (that we OWN); and besides the location, I couldn’t be happier. Well, I could. But that would require a wine cellar and a library. However, we don’t make that kind of money yet J With that being said, yes, I intend to! At some point. If we could ever get to one place long enough for me to actually finish my masters.


     And there I go, off topic, as usual. Where was I? Ah, yes. My marriage to that handsome soldier who puts up with me and keeps me happy day in and day out (let’s just not mention wine or books again and we’ll stay on track!) . How did we get here? Well, I’m glad you asked! Rewind about 7 ½ years ago and you’ll find a girl who fell in love with a soldier, completely unintentionally. As a matter of fact, I really tried my best not to. I tried to stay away. I tried not to get caught up in it. After all, I had been in a relationship throughout high school and was coming out of that. But when you are not looking, it finds you. No matter what “it” is. 


 We were, and still are, very much alike, yet different enough to keep things very interesting. We are both old souls and grew up before we had to. Thankfully, he came along at just the right time in my life. You see, I never wanted a soldier. Didn’t think I wanted that life. I thought it would be so lonely and just not worth it. I couldn't have been more wrong. Just in what he does, he has shown me so much about myself that I didn’t know. We’ve both chilled out and grown tremendously in these 7 ½ years. We’ve come to define to ourselves what the terms “unconditional love”, “honor”, and “respect” mean. Are we perfect? No. I’m still hot-headed as you can get.This is where I like to say he’s the sane to my crazy J But I would also like to throw in here that I’m not the only one with the temper. Something as simple as buttons on a uniform will send this man into a raging fit to where I don’t recognize him. That’s pretty funny to witness, actually. I can honestly say, though, that our “hard times” can be put on one hand and not count my pinky or thumb. Maybe it’s the no-nonsense attitude we share or maybe it’s the fact that we find even the most inappropriate things hilarious—I don’t know. But it works for us and for that I’m incredibly thankful.






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys! 7 years is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family, congratulations on 7 years and many more to come:) I love a soldier too... I would follow him wherever

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ran across your blog and this post is so sweet. You and your husband look so happy :) I hope you have many many more years together and that you keep blogging about them!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from ya'll!! It's always nice to hear from friends, new and old. I love to chat back, and I usually like to through email, so make sure you are not a no-reply comment. It makes me sad :(