Monday, May 14, 2012

Crock Pot Apple Butter Pork Loin

Hey, ya'll! This week I'm back with a recipe that I've been meaning to share since Easter. This year, instead of a ham, I wanted to do something different. So I set about finding something that I could make special enough to only be made a few times a year for special occasions. Fail! This turned out so good, I doubt I'll be making it another way (besides barbecue, of course). Today, I'm sharing a Apple Butter Pork Loin recipe for the Crock Pot. I adapted it from a recipe that can be found here. I adapted it for the Crock Pot since we were going to be out most of the day. So glad I did! This was the most flavorful, juicy, and fork-tender pork loin I've ever had. Doubt this one will be an only-a-special-occasion recipe.


Apple Butter Pork Loin (Crock Pot)

Ingredients:
1-4 pound pork loin
4 cups apple juice
1 cup apple butter
1 cup brown sugar
4 T water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 medium apple, cut into rings






Cut the pork loin as necessary to fit a large Crock Pot. 


Combine the brown sugar, apple butter, water, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium bowl until smooth.



Pour combined mixture on top of pork loin.


Pour apple juice into the Crock Pot. Avoid pouring directly on the pork loin.



Place apple rings (or slices if you were in a hurry to leave like me!) on top of pork loin.


Since my pork loin was still slightly frozen, I cooked on high for 6 hours and then turned down to low for 4. However, if I had a completely thawed pork loin this big, I would have done low 8-10 hours. (Or until meat is tender)


If you like this recipe, subscribe to my RSS feed and choose your reader to get all of them.

Come follow me on Twitter so we can chat about this or other recipes and ideas (or just talk, because I like to do that too!) Twitter handle: @SBasanAW

You can also catch me on Facebook where I update all my posts so you won't miss anything.


What you missed last week:




Sharing with:
Party With My Peeps at How to Nest For Less





Tasty Tuesday

17 comments:

  1. I've yet to open our crock pot from our wedding almost three years ago!! THANKS for the inspiration and sharing! YUM!

    Found you thru the SITS girls link up! Looking forward to following your adventures via GFC!

    Kristine from TheFoleyFam - Unedited

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I'm pinning this so I remember to try it one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! My family loves pork loin, so I'll be sure to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm . . . I love apple butter and always enjoy adding another meal to my crock pot arsenal :)

    Visiting from How To Nest For Less!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy! Very unique way of cooking pork. Thamks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple butter...yum :)
    I love crockpot recipes and this sounds super delicious!!
    Thanks for taking part of First Day of My Life's Tasty Tuesday!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...how'd I miss those cappuccino muffins?! Your Apple Butter with Pork looks fabulous, too. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! I don't have nearly enough slow cooker recipes. By the way, I'm having a giveaway on my blog this week and would love for you to stop by if you have time. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks DELICIOUS!!! I'm going to have to try this recipe out! I love crock pot meals...fix it and forget it! There is a little bit of prep, but the crock pot does most of the work! Thanks for sharing with us @ Toot Your Horn Tuesday!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this looks amazing! I LOVE Pork and Apple combo so this would be perfect. I don't know where to get apple butter though, hmmm...I guess I'll start looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it by the jelly. Im making this tomorrow. Did you ever try this recipe? Any tips or suggestions?

      Delete
  11. Let's see, I love pork loin and I love apples. Yep! This is going right into my recipe file! Thanks for sharing at http://www.kathewithane.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yummy! found you via the link up xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just made this last night. Initially sliced it and served with a gravy made from the sauce and some flour, then after dinner shredded what was left of the loin and slathered it in the gravy I had made. It was great, my girlfriend's boss is a local celebrity cheff and he said he will be making this for him and his wife soon because of how good it was.
    I will be making this again for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made an awesome Apple Butter (made with Apple's, pumpkin, coconut milk & spices) in the crockpot last week. Cooking the pork in it now. THANKS for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from ya'll!! It's always nice to hear from friends, new and old. I love to chat back, and I usually like to through email, so make sure you are not a no-reply comment. It makes me sad :(