Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kade's School Days!

Since today is Family Friday, I wanted to talk about my crazy baby girl and her kindergarten days. Okay, so she’s not a baby. A mom can dream, can’t she?! She just started back the second half of her kindergarten year and will be six in two months! Where is my baby?! She has grown so much in the last year and is so incredibly intelligent. She’s always been way ahead of herself and developed before other kids, so you wouldn’t think I’d be surprised by anything at this point. She manages!

The first day of kindergarten!



Showing off her backpack!



During the first field trip to the pumpkin patch...


Brother joined in on the fun!

And yes, she is the one of the tiniest, if not the tiniest one in her class (biggest attitude, I’m sure)


The first half of the school year was rather insane. The first week, she almost ran into the pickup line traffic, got dropped off at the wrong bus stop, and almost knocked herself out on the playground. For the first two months, I was called at least once a week because she was getting hurt (she’s rather clumsy) or something random and ridiculous has happened. It got to the point where if it wasn’t for her teacher, I would have pulled her out and started homeschooling. Now that we all got the swing of things, hopefully it goes smoother! We shall see. She’s only been back a week and a half and she got in trouble for not getting her work done because she was too busy socializing. Then she got in trouble for excess talking (she’s my child). However, after a good talking to and no tv for her three day weekend, she’s had a good couple days. I expect to be called next week. The upside: her teacher adores her, we adore her teacher, she’s way ahead of where she “should” be, and she loves school! 


But I still, and probably always will, see her as this:




2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure my little boy will never grow up...right!? Ahh kindergarten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that! If you figure out the secret let me know! Quick! Before my other one goes!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from ya'll!! It's always nice to hear from friends, new and old. I love to chat back, and I usually like to through email, so make sure you are not a no-reply comment. It makes me sad :(